Position: Parks and Recreation Director
The City of Kingston, Tennessee is seeking applications for the position of Parks and Recreation Director for Kingston’s Parks and Recreation Department.
- Oversee departmental budget and purchasing, marketing, programming, inventory management, facility scheduling and rentals.
- Oversee staffing including supervision of six full-time and a varying number of part-time and seasonal personnel.
- Prepare written communications and announcements for the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Function as the Kingston Community Center Manager and coordinate special projects as needed.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree strongly preferred
- Extensive organization skills and the ability to work independently using sound judgment and administrative skills
- Direct experience in recreational programming and sports facility management is strongly preferred.
- Must possess proficient skills in the areas of event planning, project management, organizational detail, customer service, computer applications, and general administrative, clerical, and basic bookkeeping areas.
- Previous management experience desired.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously, have excellent communication skills, and work effectively with the public and other employees in a teamwork environment.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Marketing and promotion skills highly desirable.
This is a full time position with salary depending on qualifications and includes an excellent employee benefit package.
Application and a full job description are available on line at www.kingstontn.gov. Interested applicants should complete an online application and submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of City Manager, David Bolling, via email to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is 4:00 p.m., Monday, February 18, 2019.The City of Kingston is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Month/Year||Kingston, TN%||Tennessee%||National %|
|1 / 2017||7.0%||5.7%||4.8%|
|2 / 2017||6.0%||4.9%||4.7%|
|3 / 2017||5.5%||4.6%||4.5%|
|4 / 2017||4.3%||3.7%||4.4%|
|5 / 2017||3.4%||2.9%||4.3%|